[conspire] Daniel, Rick - Howto ubuntu pull latest kernel into Breezy

Hereon hereon1 at fastmail.us
Sun Jan 22 23:18:21 PST 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:34:07 -0800, "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com> said:
> Quoting Hereon (hereon1 at fastmail.us):
>
> > Rick - same as "B" above. Also, I'm not going to be trying to add in
> > optional programs, I'm just doing this upon the suggestion from Ben
> > Collins that I do this to see if the latest kernel fixes a bug with
> > exteral disks disconnecting (timeout).
>
> A _binary_ kernel package (e.g., from dapper) should have a really short
> dependency tree.  You might just look for it, e.g., inside
> http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/, for the kernel package,

What am I doing wrong?  I can't find
linux-image-2.6.... (or any linux kernels) at
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/

[Is it supposed to be in
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux-kernel-di-i386-2.6/   ?   I don't see it there either.]

Adept package mgr (kde gui front end to apt) shows I have "linux-image-2.6.12-386" installed, but I don't see it in the pool.  That archive is where I'd been trying to pull packages from when I changed breezy to dapper in /etc/apt/sources.list, right?

I'd been told to get kernel 2.6.15..., I think, which is what the developers are working on for dapper, iirc.

--
  Hereon
  hereon1 at fastmail.us