[conspire] Daniel, Rick - Howto ubuntu pull latest kernel into Breezy

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sat Jan 21 22:32:14 PST 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 22:08:02 -0800, Hereon wrote:

> Excellent info!  Now:
>
> 1) Exactly what was the /etc/apt/sources.list line for dapper?
>
> 2a) Can you come up with the list of packages?
>
> 2b) How did you come up with the necessary list?  From your general knowledge?  Did you look through some source or documentation or other references?
>
> Thanks!

1)

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted universe multiverse

2)

I didn't really come up with a list; I merely started installing things on
a trial-and-error basis, and it looks like I haven't made any serious
mistakes. I would recommend that you start by installing the kernel and
udev, and taking a look at what breaks. You can then experiment with
installing some packages dealing with anything no longer working well. In
my last message on this topic, I gave some suggestions about what such
packages may relate to. However, all this assumes that you're starting out
with a system consisting of all breezy packages.