[conspire] Breezy Badger -Tarballs

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jan 9 09:45:48 PST 2006

Quoting Don Marti (dmarti at zgp.org):

> If the original poster can't use any encrypted site,
> it might be a missing mozilla-psm package, and one
> first thing to try would be to search synaptic for
> mozilla-psm and make sure it's installed.

A good point.  John, try opening a browser connection to
https://linuxmafia.com/ .  If you have generic https functionality,
you'll see some grousing about my self-signed certificate, after which
you'll arrive at my site's front page.

> This is a real problem on corporate intranets.
> Many companies got sold supposedly "web-based"
> applications that only work with one browser.

I notice that sites based on Microsoft SharePoint are a particular
standards-killer.  I can't wait to see that thing clobbered by
AJAX-based hosting.