[conspire] Breezy Badger -Tarballs

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Jan 9 08:57:33 PST 2006

begin Rick Moen quotation of Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 08:01:51PM -0800:

> I have no specific knowledge of Netflix problems, and you haven't given
> us enough data to help you.

I have used Firefox on Debian to manage an existing
Netflix account.  Everything works including the
little JavaScript stars.

If the original poster can't use any encrypted site,
it might be a missing mozilla-psm package, and one
first thing to try would be to search synaptic for
mozilla-psm and make sure it's installed.

> A few particularly clueless sites use genuinely Microsoft-dependent site
> features, notably ActiveX.  I doubt very much that Netflix does:  That
> sort of extremely clueless site behaviour is generally only imposed on
> employees by (some) corporations having an all-Microsoft software
> policy.

This is a real problem on corporate intranets.
Many companies got sold supposedly "web-based"
applications that only work with one browser.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6589

Public-facing web sites tend to be less of a problem.
Here's "What to do if you have problems with a Site"
on mozilla.org:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tech-evangelism/users.html

--
Don Marti