[conspire] Tiger & G3 imac

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Tue Dec 12 21:24:44 PST 2006

This is a little off topic but I just put Os Tiger on the G3 imac and
it really rocks. It boots up from pushing the button in about 45
secs. Ubuntu takes 90 secs.Tiger's got a more sophisticated feel to
it. I mean everything just works. It's almost too good. There's not
as much to tweak on. It runs pretty well for 400 ghz and 384 mhz ram.
	I probably know  more about computers than I used to know,  using
Linux and the terminal etc.. The under laying file system and
terminal  seems more complicated on Tiger.There's an added level of
complexity and stuff compared to the Linux tree. How do they create
that finder stuff as compared to BSD.
	I'm going to use the firewire drive to try Debian etch and  the new
ubuntu ppc and not f around with the Tiger installation.