[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 43, Issue 9

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Dec 6 16:08:58 PST 2006

begin Daniel Gimpelevich quotation of Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 03:16:51PM -0800:
> On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:39:10 -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
>
> > In the long term, all you're doing for that "guy" is being an enabler:
> > http://zgp.org/~dmarti/linuxmanship/#enabler  So, you're not even doing
> > him a favour, really.
>
> The top of that page shows that you were the only one to update it in the
> last 5 years, and then only once, to fix broken links.

Dude, that page has Google PageRank 7.  You know how
much a link from a 7 is worth?  That's like eyeballs
on the hoof, ready to get all sticky and monetized
and stuff.

Actually, Rick helped me correct the
"Hundredth Monkey" section of that page too.
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/linuxmanship/#hundredthmonkey

I can't stand hardware/OS combinations that make your
box into the test platform for a strange and terrible
combination of OS updates and third-party drivers.

It's time that these raving ideological fanatics keep
their wacky ravings away from me and my computer.
Any vendor who values its "intellectual property"
more than users' time and trouble can go ahead and
keep their hardware -- I don't want it.
  http://www.linuxworld.com/community/?q=node/273

--
Don Marti