[conspire] (forw) Re: [ILUG] Guess who got a job offer?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 11 16:59:56 PDT 2005

Just because.

----- Forwarded message from rick -----

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:51:08 -0700
To: ilug at linux.ie
Subject: Re: [ILUG] Guess who got a job offer?

Quoting John Gay (johngay at eircom.net):

> This was pointed out to me today and I thought I'd pass it along.
>
> http://esr.ibiblio.org/index.php?p=208

See, if _I_ had gotten that inquiry, I think I'd have written back
something like this:

Dear Mike Walters (Search Wizards):

Thank you for your letter of Sept. 8.  After careful consideration, I
regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your solicitation for a
job application from your firm, Microsoft Corporation.  This year, I
have been particularly fortunate in receiving a number of such
solicitations.

With such a varied and promising field of candidate employers, it is
impossible for me to accept all solicitations.  Despite Microsoft
Corporation's no doubt commendable efforts to cope with the nightmare of
survival in a world of open-source competitors, who are knocking the
stuffing out of it in more of its core business areas all the time,
without benefit of Microsoft Corporation's huge marketing budget and
political dirty tricks, I find that your solicitation does not meet with
my needs at this time.  Therefore, I will not be able to consider it.

Best of luck in soliciting other candidates.

Sincerely,
/s/

----- End forwarded message -----