[conspire] RAID array trouble

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 13 15:08:47 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from Goran Dimovksi <goran at eracks.com> -----

From: Goran Dimovksi <goran at eracks.com>
To: rick at linuxmafia.com
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:50:54 -0700
Subject: Installation

Hi there,

I heed some help with installing  Debian on one of my servers.
The configuration is:
mobo-Tyan s2882 (Dual Opteron)
3Ware 4port SATA Raid controler 8506 s.
2 SATA HD.conected to the RAID controler card.
CPU is AMD Opteron 2.2Ghz 248
memory -1GB Ecc-Reg
Dual Intel network card 10/100

that is the configuration that i hava and i'm tying to install
Debian amd64-testing, or any version of debian.
It boots up i do the RAID ONE, then boot up from CD-ROM for installing,
and i do the automatic partitioning and when it starts to 'installing
the Base System' it Freezes on (Network Configuring...1%).
And i cant not continue from that point.

I did try to install Debian netinst -stable versin and testing or
Binary.
On thous OS shows error msg. 'no Paritioning'
but haw can i do the partitioning when i can not get to that pint of
installation in the firs place.

I'm trying desperatly to install Debian but there is something that i
don't know or not aware of.
I did install Fedora Core 4 with no problems what so ever.
So i was thinking i should be able to Install Debian too.
The 3ware does support Linux- Debian -Fedora.... no problem.

Can you please help me i realy do not know what to do with it
but i want to have Debian on it.

Thank you for your time.
i do appreciate hour help .

Regards,