(forw) Re: [conspire] Psst, want to compile a kernel?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 9 21:39:16 PDT 2005

Forwarded back to the list, by kind permission of the other two posters.

----- Forwarded message from Alex Escalante <ghetek at gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 00:22:17 -0700
From: Alex Escalante <ghetek at gmail.com>
To: Tony Godshall <togo at of.net>
Cc: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: [conspire] Psst, want to compile a kernel?

well i edited my config file in etc/x11/ to "nvidia" instead of vesa,
when the computer restarts it gives me a bunch of errors regarding a
file called apm.ko and then switches it back to vesa.  i tried the
online scripts none worked, i tried the nvidia script also didnt work.
i am just beginning as a linux user but i will get the technical info
from the person that refered me. thanks!

--
-Alex Escalante
Ghetek at gmail.com