(forw) Re: [conspire] Psst, want to compile a kernel?

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue May 10 10:23:03 PDT 2005

If memory serves, the problem with switching back to vesa was occurring
because although the nvidia driver for X was properly installed, the
nvidia kernel-level driver was not properly compiled and loaded into the
running kernel. The open-source nvidia driver "nv" is currently useless,
unlike the open-source ati drivers.