[conspire] (forw) Someone with a SUSE box to work on

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 2 22:15:56 PDT 2005

----- Forwarded message from cobb bennett <2bennett at sbcglobal.net> -----

Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 20:50:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: cobb bennett <2bennett at sbcglobal.net>
To: installers at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Cabal

If I understand , CABAL holds meetings to help users
install linux om their PC? And a user can even bring
the PC in real time for real time installation?

If so, WOW ! I am a new user to Linux. I have it
installed on several PCs at home. I'm trying to
migrate my family away from Windows. As I get
comfortable with Linux, I want to bring it into my
business but that will be another adventure.

Anyway, I'm using Suse 9.2. I cannot get the system to
function in a workgroup situation - see windows or
linux drives.

I have had the luck to converse with an experienced
Linux user by phone. He cannot figure it out. That is
why he thought your group might do the trick.

Am I on the right track?

Thanks much,

Cobb Bennett
East Bay

> If I understand , CABAL holds meetings to help users
> install linux om their PC? And a user can even bring
> the PC in real time for real time installation?

Sure thing.

> Anyway, I'm using Suse 9.2. I cannot get the system to
> function in a workgroup situation - see windows or
> linux drives.

Eh, we can not only assist you with SUSE 9.2, but also upgrade you to
9.3.

As to "workgroup situations", we may or may not be able to help you, but
we could try:  There are no MS-Windows network shares in my household
(where CABAL normally meets), and I don't personally own or operate any
MS-Windows boxes -- but if you bring _two_ machines, you can fix that, I
suppose.

Assuming "Linux drives" means NFS shares, we definitely can do that,
here.

Look forward to seeing you.  CABAL meetings are every 2nd & 4th
Saturdays, except as mentioned on http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/ .
So, that means the next one is...

      May 2005
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 8  9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

...Saturday, May 14.

There will _not_ be one on Saturday, May 28, because the household will
be at BayCon.

----- End forwarded message -----