[conspire] Re: Box needed for open source demo ; -> (was: box needed for FLOSS demo)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 2 22:25:35 PDT 2005

Quoting David Hartley (david at holistiq.com):

> hmm...  I must be underpricing my hardware sales <g>
> I just sold 3 new Athlon-64 boxes w/512MB & 80GB for $500ea.
> While I don't have much in the way of stuff to give away, I could make
> available a  P3 1.2Ghz/512MB/80GB at around $300, or less if someone already
> had a hard-drive, or 512mb of PC133 SDRAM, etc.

I was just going by what people seemed to be _asking_ for P4 1GHz /
512KB boxes on eBay -- and don't have relevant experience with current
pricing levels, myself -- so I guess they're optimists.  No huge
surprise, there!

Anyway, it's good to hear that the problem has been reduced to finding
someone who likes Christian to the tune of only $300 -- though I'm still
slightly unclear on why a box for a one-time demo cannot be borrowed,
rather than received as a donation.