[conspire] Christian draws out a Sun Microsystems guy

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun May 1 01:17:39 PDT 2005

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at earthlink.net):

> Now you have certainly made your case as well in this email, and
> perhaps I should interview you at an upcoming Cabal meeting, if you
> have time in between barbequing.

Eek!  ;->

I'm not really the droid you're looking for, honest.  You're going to
want to interview someone _notable_ like Bruce Perens, who's on the OSI
Board of Directors and (last I checked) lives just over in the Berkeley
Hills.

Me, I'm just a sysadmin and network consultant who knows how to bang
English sentences together, and who's had good luck doing some Linux
event publicity.  I don't speak for anyone else, really.  There are
people you _can_ talk to, who do.

What you might want to do is contact the GCJ developer team, maybe one
of the Red Hat guys.  If you're lucky, one of them may be here in the
Bay Area.  (Red Hat has a Mountain View office, derived from Cygnus
Development, which they acquired.)

(A reporter acquaintance of mine in Sydney insisted on interviewing me,
several years ago, and I took no end of grief over that, especially
after it ended up, to my horror, as a Slashdot story.  I have a local
mirror of the article, here:  http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/smh.html )