[conspire] Christian draws out a Sun Microsystems guy

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at earthlink.net
Sun May 1 00:21:06 PDT 2005

On Friday 29 April 2005 18:08, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at earthlink.net):

I think that one reason that Sun agreed to give me access to Simon
is that they knew that my tone would be tolerable for them.  The
title of your email is that Christian "draws out" a Sun guy.  I
think that the reason that Simon was willing to be "drawn out" was
because he knew that regardless of my ultimate conclusion, I would
be willing to give him a chance to make his case.  It's all about
trust, and my goal in doing these interviews is to increase the
overall level of trust in our communities, even if they have
strongly opposing views, like Simon Phipps and yourself.

Now you have certainly made your case as well in this email, and
perhaps I should interview you at an upcoming Cabal meeting, if you
have time in between barbequing.  I like to do interviews in
person, because I find that the person to person interviewing
technique leads to a more moderate dialog.  We do need people like
yourself who are willing to take a hard-hitting FACTUAL look at
your debating partner's position (in this case, Simon Phipps).  So
if a personal interview will work for you, that would be great.  Or
if you are in SF, and have about 20 mins or so, we could do it
then.  The interview won't be able to go longer than 20 to 30 mins,
though, because more than that is too long for the MadPenguin
format.

Thanks either way, Rick.