[conspire] (forw) Re: HDTV computer build in at EFF

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 7 12:59:29 PST 2005

Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:58:51 -0800
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: "Lorne S. " <lornes at operamail.com>
Subject: Re: HDTV computer build in at EFF

Quoting Lorne S.  (lornes at operamail.com):

>  Did you see this article?
>
>  http://www.sfbg.com/39/22/cover_fcc.html

Missed that one; thanks.  Ms. Newitz is always good on these topics.

> I was thinking of coming down to another one of your Saturday sessions
> for some more tips now that I have been using Linux exclusively for
> about a year.

I'm actually torn, as to this coming Saturday:  Bay Area Debian is
having another "build in" at someone's house in Alameda, which I could
attend the early part of (I guess) before having to hotfoot it back over
to Menlo Park for this coming Saturday's CABAL meeting.

http://bad.debian.net/list/2005-March/002697.html

(Actually, to correct myself:  The BAD meeting is this Wednesday, to
_prepare_ for the Saturday build-in event in Alameda.)

> Also, a friend (whom you helped a lot with a box he bought on
> Craigslist for Linux but had network card trouble) and I bought you
> both a Penguin apron at a crafts booth at the farmer's market that
> seemed appropriate to the barbecue and maybe I could deliver it then
> rather than mail it.

Why, thank you!

> I hope EFF has more build ins before July.

See above!

----- End forwarded message -----