[conspire] The deal about "Reply-To"

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Jul 9 09:11:51 PDT 2005

begin  Rick Moen quotation of Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:56:55PM -0700:

> [1] People who _insist_ that the one and only "Reply" command they've
> ever bothered to notice on their mail clients _must_ send any reply to a
> list post back to the mailing list can achieve that using macros on
> their mail clients (or using procmail, if available).  The recipes for
> doing so could be collected and FAQed, too.

As far as I know, the recipe to make an "non-munging"
list work like a "munging" list works fine, but the
recipe to go the other way around has some problems.

Recipes here:

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/blosxom/tips/munge.html

That would tend to imply that lists should adopt the
non-munging policy, and people who want the munging
can set it up for themselves, locally.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/