[conspire] question regarding CONFIG_ACPI_BLACKLIST_YEAR in menuconfig

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Jul 8 00:49:18 PDT 2005

You know, you could head this issue off at the pass with a newer BIOS. I
found the specs for the 420 here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020218103002/www.vasoftware.com/support/products/420/420ts.html
The related download page is:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020212003817/www.vasoftware.com/support/drivers.php
Notice that the Motherboards link on that page goes directly to Intel's
BIOS Updates! Evidently, VA was using stock Intel desktop motherboards. If
you identify the BIOS code for your computer as described on the Intel
website, you'll most likely be able to update your BIOS to one with a
working ACPI. Just go here:
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/bios.htm