[conspire] Note Second Floor Linuxworld Exhibits

Michael T. Halligan mhalligan at bitpusher.com
Thu Aug 11 11:27:22 PDT 2005

Not just the Free/OSS booths are up there.. While considering getting a
booth
this year, we found that the el-cheapo booths ($5k) got stuck in
no-man's land.

GroundWorks (large contributors to the Nagios project, as well as
developers of
a commercial network monitoring utility) and RadiantData (makers of the
replicated filesystem PeerFS) were hidden away up there, as well..

I'm not sure why they used this conference hall. It really is using up
the same
amount of floor space as last year, this new conference hall is just
quite a bit smaller
than the other two. At least the .org pavilian is prominent on the 2nd
floor, with a nicer
setup than the traditional ugly, hospital-like curtains for booth
separation.

This year has been the most corporate year yet.