[conspire] Note Second Floor Linuxworld Exhibits

Mark S Bilk mark at cosmicpenguin.com
Thu Aug 11 07:18:26 PDT 2005

All of the Linux/OSS community booths -- FSF, X.org, Debian,
Mozilla, EFF, etc., etc. -- are segregated together on the
second floor of the building.  If you just walk into the main
hall on the first floor, there's nothing to tell you that the
second floor stuff even exists.  I think most attendees didn't
know it; I only found out as I was leaving, when I happened to
look up at a sign over the escalators.  This stinks -- removing
from the main hall all the people and organizations who actually
created (and are still creating) Linux, and leaving (with a few
exceptions) just the businesses who are selling it for money.

Anyhow, if you're going on this last day, hit the second floor
first.

  Mark