[conspire] Linux program to remove mail from server?

Ross Bernheim rossbernheim at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 27 21:51:49 PDT 2005

On Apr 27, 2005, at 7:46 PM, Rick Moen wrote:

> And yet, its scripting abilities mostly suck[1], except where they're
> drawn
> from the BSD base (and are command-line tools).  Edward described a
> classic situation plainly calling for simple scripting -- a
> laundry-list
> of POP3 sites to have bulk delete operations performed on them -- but
> he then rejected out of hand a number of utilities probably suitable to
> his problem because they aren't "GUI".

I agree that Mac OS 9 scripting was minimal at best. Applescript was a
nice
concept, but relied far too much on the programmers of all the
applications
to support it. QuicKeys could do a lot and was not application
dependent and
was my solution.

OS X had poor scripting and initially, QuicKeys was not terribly
functional. It
has been improving over time so that now it is quite functional as a
scripting
solution. Particularly since it can also do mouse and button presses
among other
things that regular scripting can not do.

Ross

Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called
witchcraft.. Today, it's called golf (Les Pourciau)