[conspire] Linux program to remove mail from server?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 27 19:46:37 PDT 2005

Quoting Ross Bernheim (rossbernheim at speakeasy.net):

> Mac OS X is a far better model for usability, though there are a lot of
> good things to be mined from OS 9 and from the utilities added to both
> to provide additional features. I particularly liked the Apple menu
> under OS 9 and earlier.

And yet, its scripting abilities mostly suck[1], except where they're drawn
from the BSD base (and are command-line tools).  Edward described a
classic situation plainly calling for simple scripting -- a laundry-list
of POP3 sites to have bulk delete operations performed on them -- but
he then rejected out of hand a number of utilities probably suitable to
his problem because they aren't "GUI".

That's pretty much like saying you want a freeway route between San Jose
and San Francisco, but reject use of motor vehicles.  I have nothing
against people disliking motor vehicles, but just point out that their
freeway options will be few and far between.

[1] App-specific automation plus legacy AppleScript and Frontier
scripting noted in passing.