[conspire] Penguin Day - Demysitify FLOSS for Nonprofits

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 7 18:58:20 PDT 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 10:41, Zac Mutrux wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm helping to organize Penguin Day,

Please feel free to tell folks about DIYparts.org.  It is an on-line
inventory for old computer stuff and for needs for old computer
stuff.

The idea is that it is too hard to dig through freecycle or
craigslist if you need just a little part, or if you need a
computer of certain specifications.  It is our hope that as the
on-line inventory grows, you will soon be able to find someone near
you who has exactly what you need, or what you need to get rid of.

Think of it as open source hardware.  The only problem is that
hardware is hard to ship.  Problem solved.  Create a database of
local hardware inventories.  Let a thousand memory sticks bloom!