[conspire] Newsreaders (was: client-test message)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 11 12:52:32 PDT 2004

[Again, the quoted text wasn't seen on the mailing list side of this
forum because of the then-broken news -> mail gateway.]

Daniel Gimpelevich <daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
> I am trying out the Pan newsreader to access conspire. Until now, I've
> been using Outlook Express as a newsreader, and I'm looking for something
> to replace it. Unfortunately, there seems to be almost zero documentation
> on how to use Pan, and it crashes a lot. Does anybody have any advice on
> using Pan?

Unfortunately, what you say matches what I've heard _lots_ of people say
about Pan -- that it's just not yet very stable.  As you'll notice, I
personally like tin a great deal.  A lot of people like Mozilla
Mail/News -- and I would guess that Mozilla Thunderbird probably has
NNTP support, too.

rick at linuxmafia.com     modern-American-English-usage-improvement association.