[conspire] Re: Newsreaders (was: client-test message)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Oct 11 15:12:04 PDT 2004

Well, the crashes turned out to be caused by an environment variable
snafu. I've now had it up for quite some time without a single crash, but
some things about it are rather annoying. When articles are sorted by date
descending in a threaded display, they are sorted by when the thread or
sub-thread began instead of the last post to it. I have not found a way to
get it to randomly choose a signature file. It won't at least filter out
HTML tags from messages, and there's no way to integrate a spellchecker.
There's no way to search the bodies of messages. There are a number of
other minor annoyances that I can't think of off the top of my head, too.