[conspire] Re: Dell and big disks

Adrien Lamothe a_lamothe at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 18:56:45 PST 2004

The Dell system probably has the IDE RAID controller soldered onto the motherboard. If you can't get it to function as desired, you may want to research IDE RAID cards and find one that does (such cards are fairly inexpensive.)

- Adrien

Mike Higashi <mhigashi at imat.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 10:06:30PM -0800, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

> You want a Linux-managed software-based RAID, right? If memory serves,
> RAID 1 means striping. I'm not sure that it is possible to boot from a
> striped partition.

RAID 0 is striping. RAID 1 is mirroring.

Mike

http://mail.yahoo.com