[conspire] wanna connect soon

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 7 16:12:59 PDT 2004

Quoting bruce coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> got my amlug cd 2 work despite gouge on bottom and
> multi-booted in2 an arch distro last night, looks very
> promising but need to avoid a daemontools bug and
> update the install at > 2kbps with many disconnects,
> ie my isp lately.

Daemontools?  D.J. Bernstein's proprietary service-management toolkit?
{shudder}  Better you than me.  ;->

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=warez#djb

If you're asking about coming over to Chez Moen and using the Internet
connection, we're cool with that during many (not all) weekday evenings
assuming prior arrangement.  Tonight, for example, would not be a good
evening for that, because Deirdre and I will be out.

But you're always welcome to send me e-mail the morning or early
afternoon of some other day, to ask if it'd be convenient.  (_That_ sort
of e-mail should be sent to rick at linuxmafia.com, i.e., to me personally,
rather than to conspire at linuxmafia.com, since it's not of interest to
CABAL as a whole.)

As mentioned previously, I have been unfortunately obliged to cancel the
regular CABAL meeting that normally would have occurred this coming
Saturday, June 12 -- on account of a conflicting obligation that (again)
will have me and Deirdre away from the house.  Sorry about that.