[conspire] RFC: A new LUG for the peninsula?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 18 23:32:40 PDT 2003

Bill, you and I have discussed this matter in private mail, and I
think your logic is compelling, and that a mid-Peninsula LUG is very
much worth trying.

I can't quite understand the attitude of people who think this would
somehow be an affront to any of the existing groups.  This isn't a
zero-sum game.  But that's all too common among volunteer groups, sad to
say.

I can offer space on this machine for a mailing list, if you like.
You probably would want a dedicated Web server, but webspace is also
available here:  I once hosted the Web site of the LUG that John Mark
Walker started at San Jose State U., when I was helping him get that
group going.  (Unfortunately, he was immediately hired away by VA Linux
Systems, dropped participation completely, and the group collapsed --
but not my fault ;->  )

http://web.archive.org/web/20020104194213/http://linuxmafia.com/sjsu/

When you have a site and day/time for meetings, I'll be glad to work out
detailed driving and transit instructions for your events listings.  I
typically use http://transitinfo.org/ for the latter, and use maps from
MapQuest, MapBlast, or maps.yahoo.com.

--
<BLINK>Resize your browser so the following line touches both margins!</BLINK>
                           <HR WIDTH="75%">
                Best Regards, Rick Moen, rick at linuxmafia.com