[conspire] RFC: A new LUG for the peninsula?

William R Ward bill at wards.net
Thu Jun 19 00:10:19 PDT 2003

Rick Moen writes:
>Bill, you and I have discussed this matter in private mail, and I
>think your logic is compelling, and that a mid-Peninsula LUG is very
>much worth trying.
>
>I can't quite understand the attitude of people who think this would
>somehow be an affront to any of the existing groups.  This isn't a
>zero-sum game.  But that's all too common among volunteer groups, sad to
>say.

I haven't really had any of that kind of reaction to my RFC's which
have been posted here, to SVLUG, and BALUG.  I tried to post to
BayLISA as well, but my mail to that list is being blocked for some
reason and I'm hoping to get that resolved soon.

>I can offer space on this machine for a mailing list, if you like.
[...]

I have hosting arranged already, but thanks for the offer.

>When you have a site and day/time for meetings, I'll be glad to work out
>detailed driving and transit instructions for your events listings.  I
>typically use http://transitinfo.org/ for the latter, and use maps from
>MapQuest, MapBlast, or maps.yahoo.com.

The location will *probably* be at 100 Oracle Parkway, 94065.

--Bill.