[conspire] Anyone have SuSE 8.2 Pro and want to make me a copy?

Mark S Bilk mark at cosmicpenguin.com
Sat Jun 7 07:49:24 PDT 2003

I've bought about six SuSE boxed sets over the years, but now
I don't have much money and would like to get a copy of the
5 CDs (not the DVDs) in SuSE 8.2 Pro, if I can.

SuSE is totally OK with this; I phoned their U.S. office at
(510)-628-3380 and the guy there said he's asked the higher-ups
several times and they say it's perfectly OK to copy any or
all of the disks in the 8.2 Pro box or below (but not in the
commercial server sets) and give them away, as long as it's
not for money.  (However, there is no restriction regarding
lunch. 8^)

I'd rather use the CDs than get it from the ftp site, because
there's stuff missing from the ftp version, and there's no list
of what's missing.  I don't have a CD writer, so I can't make
the copies myself.

Is there a kindly SuSE 8.2 Pro user in Silicon Valley who would
like to burn the 5 CDs for me?  (Somewhere amid the Debian and
Gentoo gurus... 8^)

  Thanks,

  Mark