[conspire] Redhat Stuff

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Dec 29 14:31:42 PST 2002

Quoting Howard Susman (howard at scsurplus.com):

> I found the replacement for Xconfigurator on Redhat. It is called:
> redhat-config-xfree86.
> I checked /usr/bin/ for redhat-config programs and found:
> redhat-config-bind                   redhat-config-printer
> redhat-config-date                   redhat-config-printer-gui
> redhat-config-httpd                  redhat-config-printer-tui
> redhat-config-keyboard               redhat-config-proc
> redhat-config-language               redhat-config-rootpassword
> redhat-config-mouse                  redhat-config-securitylevel
> redhat-config-network                redhat-config-services
> redhat-config-network-cmd            redhat-config-soundcard
> redhat-config-network-druid          redhat-config-time
> redhat-config-nfs                    redhat-config-users
> redhat-config-packages               redhat-config-xfree86

Howard, this is really cool stuff.  They've been busy.  I'm going to
have to install the phoebe beta on a spare box, to play with it.

It's probably all Python code.  They've been cranking out lots of neat
little Python-based utilities:  8.0, for example, has a console version
of their printconf utility, absence of which used to drive me crazy on RH
servers.  (Setting up print support on them without X11 was messy.)

Cheers,             The shortest distance between two puns is a straightline.
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com