[sf-lug] Lately at Distrowatch.

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Mon Apr 10 08:52:01 PDT 2023

Bobbie Sellers wrote on 2023-04-09 19:45:

>      Well I am very happy that there was no LUG meeting this
> Weekend.  Pulled my left shoulder and I have dental pain as well.
> Got most of what I intended done but painkillers are not my
> favorite medication.

Get well soon!

>                     ==================================
>                          Lately at Distrowatch.com
>                     ==================================
>
> The system tests cover:
>
> carbonOS 2022.3 very disappointing
>
> Kodi 20.1 again even with the support of Mint it
> could not perform it activities very well.
>
> LibreELEC 11.0 - again disappointment.

What a crap show.

Hot Take™: Too much time wasted on crap distros which will never become
adopted by anyone but the maintainer (then fade away entirely in a few
months).

And the LibreELEC - version 11.0 and still cannot be even installed?!?

I'm sure it's fun and a great learning process for those who make these
obscure distros, but having eleventeen thousand distros doesn't help
anyone and all the effort would be better focused polishing and
enhancing some of the top-5 distros.

/HotTake™