[sf-lug] Scant meeting notes of 6/5/2022 and something mildly interesting

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 6 12:16:36 PDT 2022

Hi LUGers,
	Linux Meeting notes for June 5, 2022

1100 Finally got to the meeting
More microphone problems for me.
No problems hearing
Michael Paoli and others in attendance
  usual updates and discussion of which Virtual Machine software is
being used

Ken Schaffer having heating problems but turned off video to get it in
line.   Reminder to clean off CPUs as we are having a a heat wave coming
on strong over the next week or so.Linux Meeting notes for June 5, 2022

finally got to the meeting
More microphone problems for me.
No problems hearing
Michael Paoli   usual updates and discussion of which Virtual Machine
software is being used

Ken Schaffer having heating problems but turned off video to get it in
line.   Reminder to
clean off CPUs as we are having a a heat wave coming on strong over the
next week or so.
1233 Ken off.

Ron BC- Discussion of DNA records -Dissatisfaction with Vancover LUG
$150/yr membership
and Board of Directors twice the size of the meetings
Administration of mailing list etc. mostly with Michael Paoli

Victor- hi - off for lunch.

Al - hi did talk about emulations and some other matters.

1300 I left very unhappy with failure of my microphone

Michael Paoli (*nix) says relevant to discussion of emulator softwares:
# dpkg -l | fgrep qemu-kvm
ii  qemu-kvm     1:3.1+dfsg-8+deb10u8        amd64        QEMU Full
virtualization on x86 hardware
#
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=qemu-kvm&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all

You can read the preview of the Linux Pro magazine latest issue at
<https://www.linuxpromagazine.com/>
Disappointingly it features the Ubuntu 22.04 and Fedora 36 both of
which have gotten somewhat less than positive reviews from Distrowatch's
Weekly newsletter.

[...]

The current issue of the Distrowatch newsletter reviews a couple of
distros, one to make a PC into a game machine.

	Sorry I could not participate. I think i got the microphone working at
the end of my time online.

	Attendees at the meeting are welcome to add their remarks to
clarify anything I have failed to communicate.

	Bobbie Sellers