[sf-lug] volunteering to help BALUG(/SF-LUG/...)

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Sun Jun 5 10:20:13 PDT 2022

> From: "Ronald Barnes" <ron at ronaldbarnes.ca>
> Subject: Re: [sf-lug] Reminder: TOMORROW!: BALUG: meeting: Tu
> 2022-05-17 Dynamic DNS (DDNS), presented by Michael Paoli; & other
> BALUG News
> Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 13:05:14 -0700

> Michael Paoli wrote on 2022-05-16 16:35:
>
>> You can do useful and cool stuff volunteering to help BALUG.
>>
>> Quite a variety of opportunities to help BALUG.  Come talk to us at a
>> meeting and/or drop us a note at: balug-contact at balug.org
>> These opportunities may include, among other possibilities:
>> o assist or lead on speaker coordination/procurement, etc.
>
>> o Linux Systems Administration (e.g. do/assist/learn, with/under some
>>      quite experienced and skilled Linux systems administrator(s)).
>> o webmaster, assistant webmaster, designer, graphic artist
>> o archivist/history/retrieval/etc.
>> o and other various/miscellaneous tasks BALUG would like to be doing
>>      (also feel free to suggest ideas!)
>
> I'm willing to help out on stuff that can be done remotely (SysAdmin
> stuff primarily).
>
> If you prefer, I can send this portion of the message to
> balug-contact at balug.org.

Well ... it's mostly be me to deal with receipt of the email anyway.
There's fair bit more to cover in the non-sysadmin and such realm ...
but there's certainly also at least some sysadmin stuff too.
Anyway, just email me, off-list, your:
preferred login name(s)
name
email
out-of-band communication/contact means (e.g. phone) if one is okay with
providing that (it would go in GECOS, so not super-hidden ... but it's
not like that many folks have and use login accounts there)
And if you want to use ssh key authentication, the public key(s) you'd
want to use for the account.
I can then set up account and provide more releavant information (and
also set up relevant access depending what one wants to work on).

Hmm, there is:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:balug_todo_list
... but it needs some serious updating.  There are also other
todo list(s) elsewhere too.