[sf-lug] Notes from SF-Meeting of March 6, 2022

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Mar 13 13:12:17 PDT 2022

Hi LUGers,

     Well I had a bad day on Saturday which carried over to the rest of
the week.

         On the 6th I woke up in good time but the problem was getting
moving and I was a couple of minutes late to the meeting.

     Ken S. and John S. preceded me and shortly we were joined by

     Ron from Vancouver.

     Victor from Santa Cruz

     John and Victor had left by Noon.

     Aaron S.

     Tom S.

     Akkana joined about 12:30 and you have read about the problem she
has been having on the mailing list already.

     A lot of discussion over the price of fuel and in Canada, Ron
reported that a recent check had gasoline at $2/liter.  That would be
about $1.57 in US dollars    or ~$6.00 per gallon.  We are already
approaching that in San Francisco.
     Diesel is not cheaper.

     I had very little to say at the meeting.  That is due to my
stressed and declining  condition.

     So to add to the length of this screed here is the latest from
Distrowatch.com.

     2022-03-10 	NEW • Distribution Release: IPFire 2.27 Core 164

     2022-03-10 	NEW • Distribution Release: LibreELEC 10.0.2
     "The final version of LibreELEC 10.0.2 has been released, bringing
Kodi 'Matrix' 19.4

         2022-03-10 	NEW • Distribution Release: Zorin OS 16.1

         2022-03-08 	NEW • Distribution Release: SparkyLinux 2022.03

       Manjaro Linux 21.2.4 "KDE"manjaro-kde-21.2.4-220301linux515.iso
         Downloaded Manjaro via torrent and it passed the sha256 checksum

         2022-03-01 Distribution Release: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre 0.4
         aka hyperbola-milky-way-v0.4-dual.iso 64/32 bit booting.
         Downloaded and passed sha512 checksum

         Sorry I don't have more from the meeting

         Members can make up their minds as to when they want to have
live meetings again. The next scheduled meeting is on April 3, 2022 from
11 AM to 1 PM via <https://meet.jit.si/sf-lug.org>

         I may be close to the end of my service with the SF-LUG.  It
was fun until Covid. Since then my condition has precipitously declined.

	Any attending member should feel free to add to these notes or
correct my errors.

         Bobbie Sellers -"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but practicing docking procedures with a goat at
	zero G's—it's never been done!"