[sf-lug] Thanks Bobbie!

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Feb 13 18:28:06 PST 2022

On 2/13/22 16:10, Doug Bierer wrote:
> I was only living in SF for a brief time: Fall of 2007, so most of you
> haven't met me. I was and am honoured to have made your acquaintance
> Bobbie. I've been using Linux full time, as a professional developer,
> since 1999. Now I'm semi retired and living in Thailand. Even so,
> although not actively posting for ages, I do monitor the mailing list,
> and very very much appreciate how you've kept it going with your regular
> posts.
>
> I definitely agree, having been in the exact position described, if even
> only one other person shows up, it's a meeting, and could change a life.
>
> Not to get too teary eyed, but Jim, in a figurative sense saved my life
> and got me headed into a new career. I was at the lowest point in my
> life and he got me energised and back on track. I'm still in touch with
> him as well as Riley.
>
> I'm sorry to hear about your chronic illness Bobbie, but just wanted to
> let you know that your good work helping to keep the group going is very
> much appreciated!
>
> --doug bierer

	Thanks but is not me who really keeps the SF-LUG flying.

	Doug I barely managed to get stuff posted in a timely fashion any
loneer.  Meeting in person at Cafe Enchante were some of the best
times of my life,

	But Rick Moen and Michael Paoli keep things running
on the email lists for the SFBA LUGs

	Those are the people who keep the servers running and up-to-date.
	Under Covid-19 precautions it is hard to have any really productive
meeting but we get to share the sight of each others's
faces at the jit.si meetings.

	Bobbie Sellers