[sf-lug] Meeting on Jit.si on February 6, 2022

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 31 15:08:40 PST 2022

Hi LUGers,

	Next meeting will be on Sunday February 6
from 11 AM to 1 PM.  The address is at the URL
below and it only takes an updated browser to participate.
<https://meet.jit.si/sf-lug.org>

	People since the floppy disk was invented
have been complaining about the size of operating
systems.  On Distrowatch today Tinycore debuted two
versions: a petite 16 Megabyte iso file and a more
muscular 28 Megabytes iso file.  23 packages are
listed in the package file.

	On the other hand we have Nitrux!

2022-01-30 Distribution Release: Nitrux 2022.01.29

Nitrux is a Debian-based, desktop distribution which
features a customized KDE Plasma desktop and the
  OpenRC service manager. The project's latest release
updates key packages and features Pacstall, a framework
for installing third-party software, similar to Arch
Linux's user repository (AUR).  Note that though Debian
based it does not use systemd.
  (MD5, pkglist): nitrux-release-amd64_2022.01.29.iso (2,310MB),
nitrux-release-minimal-amd64_2022.01.29.iso (1,349MB).

	I am downloading a copy of the latest now but
the links on Distrowatch are not working as they should.
I have attempted to contact Distrowatch about this.

	By the time of the meeting i may have done something
with tinycore and Nitrux if I can find the checksum.

	Hope to see a few of us at least on Jit.si meeting.

	Bobbie Sellers