[sf-lug] correct URL?

Ronald Barnes ron at ronaldbarnes.ca
Mon Nov 8 17:03:57 PST 2021

Rick Moen wrote on 2021-11-08 12:31 p.m.:

> Reminds, me -- not the same problem, but a possibly useful tip:  In any
> mountpoint directory, I place a zero-length, root-owned file named
> "NOTHING_IS_MOUNTED_HERE".  Point is, if ever a normal mount is for some
> reason not in effect, that file stands out even if I'm tired or
> undercaffeinated.

That's a *great* idea.

My plan: create /var/MOUNT-RAID-HERE and move /var/* to /var/OLDvar

My execution: mv / /tmp/OLDvar

Off I went to the back room with a fresh Ubuntu Server 18.04 USB stick
to recover.

In my defence, I was talking on the phone when I did that.

Recovery went reasonably smoothly.

So thankful that I did it to myself and not an employer nor client!

Let us never speak of this again.