[sf-lug] Meeting coming up this weekend.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Wed Jun 2 21:55:35 PDT 2021

Hi LUGers,

     The next meeting will be on Sunday June 6, from 11 AM to 1 PM via
*<https://meet.jit.si/sf-lug.org>
Or if you want to go to the Cafe Enchante 26th and Geary I may be
there.  That depends on how I feel on Sunday morning.*

     Well I finally rested enough to start doing checksums on the newer
downloads.

     AVL-MXE-2021.05.22-xfce4-openbox-amd64.iso which is a specialized
Audio Video distribution.

     kali-linux-2021.2-live-amd64.iso with a couple of new features
which sound very useful.
You can read about them at the following URL.
<https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2021/06/02/kali-linux-2021-2-released/>

     antiX-19.4_x64-full.iso  and antiX-19.4-runit_x64-full.iso which
has an article detailing
the changes at <https://www.debugpoint.com/2021/05/antix-19-4-release/>

     I just wasted too much time trying to find a checksum for elive
distribution and for
Nomad portable Unix.   In the future I will not be looking for obscure
files to enable
the distributions to get into your hands.  elive wants $$ up front for
the stable
releases of its system.

     Unfortunately I am having trouble with the .sig files and will have
to dig into the manuals
if they exist.

     I do have the June issue of Linux Pro and will try to get out a
precis before the meeting.

     I was able to enter the Fog City News store on the South side of Market
East of 1st Street, besides luxurious chocolate. newspapers and general
interest
magazines they once more have *Linux Pro printed magazine *with included
DVD for May 2021

     Over the last month I have overdone exertions a couple of time and
it took
me about 5 days each time to recuperate.  I suggest if anyone wants to
take over the
convening of SF-LUG meeting or become the Distribution Librarian that they
stand up and say so on the email list ASAP.

     Stay well.

     Bobbie Sellers