[sf-lug] Looking for a cheap printer

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sat May 8 10:27:45 PDT 2021

Rick Moen writes:
> Also, it's my experience that each such store has at least one staffer
> who knows all the necessary tricks.  If that person is free to help,
> then you are in luck.

Yes. That didn't seem to be true at the couple of big-chain shops
I tried back then, but there are better print shops -- often local
places that aren't affiliated with any large chain -- where you can
talk to a competent human, explain what you want (print to the edge
or whatever), and get it printed right. That's the approach I'd take
today. The per-page rate might be slightly more expensive, but on
the other hand you don't have to pay for all those test prints and
you save a lot of frustration.

        ...Akkana