[sf-lug] PDF to text? (was: notes for the SF-LUG virtual meeting of 7 March 2021)

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Thu Mar 11 11:02:02 PST 2021

aaronco36 writes:
> FWIW, the intended purpose of altering "the Finnix CD to include some extra
> directories" was to install additional text-based apps [ ... ]
> a text-based PDF reader, [ ... ]

That caught my eye because I didn't know there was such a thing.
What's the app name?

Local government here (New Mexico, not SF) tends to use PDF for
everything, which makes it challenging to keep track of upcoming
public meetings. I'm currently using pdftohtml from poppler-utils,
but I'm forever looking for better ways to deal with PDF, so
I'm curious what you use.

        ...Akkana