[sf-lug] Some recent downloads and a bit of news.

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Oct 23 07:38:17 PDT 2020

Hi LUGers,

     Hope all are doing OK.

     I got a call from Mikki M. recently and she may be in
contact soon as she is planning on getting a Verizon
Hotspot to reconnect to the 'net.  She acquired
experience using one loaned by her local library
before the Covid Restrictions were put in place.  She
has been without Internet since before that.

     I sent a short note to Maestro and since someone
at a meeting asked, he is OK .
     As of this mailing I have downloaded a lot of
  updated distributions.
     These have all been check summed.

     antiX-19.3_x64-full.iso

     fossapup64-9.5.iso aka Puppy Linux 9.5

     pclinuxos64-kde5-2020.1015.iso*
     pclinuxos64-kde5-darkstar-2020.1015.iso*
     pclinuxos64-kde5-magnum-2020.1015.iso*
     pclinuxos64-MATE-2020.10.iso
     pclinuxos64-xfce-mini-2020.10.iso
     pclinuxos64-xfce-2020.10.iso

systemrescuecd-amd64-6.1.8.iso
The name of SystemRescueCD has been changed I
found out this AM, Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
I have downloaded SystemRescue 7.0 in amd64 and i686
And my copies passed the checksums.

     rescuezilla-2.0-64bit.iso which is  a version of clonezilla with
full rescue tools.
     redorescue-3.0.0.iso another tool to work with "bare metal".

     Finally today Friday, October 23, 2020 Ubuntu 2010 and all the
flavors of
'buntu have been released.  I am not planning on downloading any version
except perhaps Ubuntu Studio.

      *These PCLinux distro KDE 5 isos were modified from 2020.10 to
   2020.1008 to 2020.1015 and then Texstar got it absolutely right.
   Perfectionist.  Tex has been working with the distribution since
   it was Mandrake.  Using some new icons this time out, Candy and
    Neon.

       So Fedora is expected to be out soon and to be somewhat different
with Version 34.

     Meeting: Remember on Sunday Novemember 1, 2020 right after the
change of time from Pacific Daylight Saving Time to Pacific Standard Time
at Jit.se from 11 AM to 1 PM. <https://meet.jit.si/sf-lug.org>

     Happy Halloween.
     Vote!
     Bobbie Sellers