[sf-lug] Tip: Better to use Chromium/Chrome but up-to-date FF fine too ... for Jitsi Meet

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 24 06:45:04 PDT 2020

> And I'd expect/suspect, that of the many other WebRTC browsers, though
> many may not work great/100%, I'd expect likely at least some of 'em
> more-or-less sort'a kind'a mostly work?  Yet that wiki page has no mention
> of 'em one way or another.

Best I can tell, Jitsi Meet functionality in a Web browser requires
WebRTC support plus some fairly intensive Javascript.  Problems could
arise in either area, e.g., I suspect that the 'excess CPU usage' noted
on this apparently May 3rd page for Firefox was an artifact of
inefficiencies in the browser's Javascript engine.