[sf-lug] UBports team releases Ubuntu Touch 16.04 OTA-13

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Sep 21 22:17:00 PDT 2020

Hi LUGers,
     I know some will be happy to hear about this.
 From <www.distrowatch.com>
The UBports <https://distrowatch.com/ubports> team have announced the
launch of
Ubuntu Touch 16.04 OTA-13, the latest version of the project's
mobile operating system. The new release includes support for
six new devices, including the OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, and
four editions of the Sony Xperia. QtWebEngine has been
updated too which offers better web browser performance.
...(including direct link to lists of devices which can support it)

     Also there is a new Puppy available, very compact at
<410 Megabytes using the Ubuntu Repositories but not
systemd.  (Huzzah...)  I am bringing one home tonight
and may give it a home...

     Bobbie Sellers