[sf-lug] SF-LUG meeting notes of September 6, 2020

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Fri Sep 11 15:14:04 PDT 2020

Hi LUGers,

     Well I nearly forgot about this.  Orange Wednesday and Gray
Thursday as well
as today, lighter gray Friday but the air is the worst today of course.
But the
events of the past week made it hard to think about the meeting,

     We had the usual attendees and were treated to a demonstration of work
by Michael Paoli on a couple of Linux User Group web sites he helps
maintain.

     I brought forward the suggestion by John S. to possibly move to Zoom.

     Personally I think we need a lot more practice with Jitzi Meetings,
and a
more structured agenda if we want to be useful to newbies and to others

     It was very good to see everyone who turned on their cameras,
     Some people seem to have badly placed cameras, (Tom and Al).
     We can only see the top of your heads.  It is not always easy to
position a camera and if mine is OK, it is sheer luck.
     Ken S.  is growing a patriarchal beard.
     It was good to see Aaron C. as well.
     Alex K. is growing a head of hair worthy of the role of Moses as
portrayed by Charleton Heston

     But Jitzi meetings are handy and we could have private sessions
for newbies who can send us email or call about the problems they
are having.

     Once we can get the problems exposed to the list we can set
up a special meeting to help them bringing in those who are
interested and those who are capable of helping.

     Of course this is just my idea and I am not sure it is worthy
of consideration...

     Next meeting will be (if nothing happens) on Sunday October 4, 2020.

     Hope to see some of us there.

     Bobbie Sellers