[sf-lug] Linux Pro Magazine for October 2020 isue #239

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sat Sep 5 17:33:35 PDT 2020

Hi LUGers,

         Linux Pro Magazine issue 238 OCTOBER 2020

     COVER STORIES

     Distributions of the Month [are]   Debian 10.5 and Devuan 3.0
         Two Terrific Distros on a Double-Sided DVD!

     Building an IRC Bot - Writing an IRC chat bot does not have to be
difficult.
We’ll show you how to create your own custom IRC bot using the Perl
BasicBot module.

         GARDEN TRICKS -- USE LONG-RANGE RADIO TO MONITOR YOUR PLANTS

         Customize a GTK3 Theme

         Kernel Lockdown Mode - Rein in root with this powerful new
Linux security feature

         Build a WiFi Sound System With a Rasp Pi and speakers from IKEA

         Red Hat Enterprize Linux 8.2 -What’s new in Red Hat‘s flagship
distro

         Write a Script To find old processes

         Linux Voice

• hub: A command-line tool for managing your GitHub repository

• maddog: Remembering the Linux/Alpha project

• PulseEffects: Equalizer and effects for PulseAudio

FOSSPicks

• OpenToonz Animation

• Qtile Window Manager

• bashtop

Tutorial

• Create an Inkscape Extension

And much more from www.linuxpromagazine.com
Remember I have a digital subscription and do not have
either of the distributions of the month at hand.

     Bobbie Sellers