[sf-lug] Aug 2 Meeting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 4 17:09:07 PDT 2020

Quoting Akkana Peck (akkana at shallowsky.com):

> Though of course that only works if you're confident your internet
> connection is always fast enough for multiple Jitsi connections.
> Otherwise you're just testing your connection speed.

Workaround:

a) Open connection 1.  Make sure its camera is toggled off.
b) Open connection 2.  Does connection 2 see the video from connection 1?
c) Toggle off connection 2's video.  Toggle on connection 1's.
   Does connection 1 see video from connection 2?
d) Can connection 1 hear connection 2's audio?
e) Can connection 2 hear connection 1's audio?

You are done; end-to-end testing has now completed.

/me recently set up and ran Jitsi Meet for the New Zealand Worldcon,
which for obvious reasons need to be virtual rather than in-person.

--
Cheers,                     "Why doesn't anyone invite copyeditors to parties,
Rick Moen                   when we're such cool people out with whom to hang?"