[sf-lug] Some recent downloads and a news URL

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Sun Jul 26 17:10:23 PDT 2020

Hi LUGers.

     Well I have downloaded several items of interest.
Latest is remnux-v7-virtualbox.ova, as noted this is not
a primary system but runs on VirtualBox or other
virtual system.  It is designed to analyse malware
of various sorts.   If someone wants a copy i could
put it on a USB along with a data and checksum file.
     Maybe i will have it running on Virtual box by the
time we have the next virtual meeting.
     I have not downloaded several Ubuntu derived
systems such as KAOS and Kubuntu.
     Nor the corporate versions of Suse nor yet the
free version, nor Red Hat's latest Enterprise versions.
     Red Hat has decided to stop supporting KDE and that
is strange because just last year Gnome and KDE had
reached some sort of co-operative agreement.  Of
course with IBM's ownership of RH every thing we
thought we knew may be wrong.

zenwalk-current-15.0-200703.iso

slackellive64-openbox-7.3.iso

endeavouros-2020.07.15-x86_64.iso

nomadbsd-1.3.2.img.lzma  Haul your Unix system around in a USB Flash Drive.

gparted-live-1.1.0-3-i686-pae.iso
gparted-live-1.1.0-3-i686.iso
gparted-live-1.1.0-3-amd64.iso

clonezilla-live-2.6.7-28-amd64.iso
clonezilla-live-2.6.7-28-i686-pae.iso
clonezilla-live-2.6.7-28-i686.iso

MX-19.2_ahs_x64.iso   Advanced Hardware Support
MX-19.2_x64.iso
MX-19.2_386.iso

linuxmint-20-xfce-64bit.iso

I am running MX Linux in a VirtualBox to play Angband
and I am enabled by Shelter At Domicile to play way too
much.  SAD days relief as I cruise the dungeons and murder
harmless characters and look for the big loot.

Oh and the promised News URL.
<https://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News>

         Bobbie Sellers