[sf-lug] Risk Sense says Open source vulnerabilities doubled in 2019

Bobbie Sellers bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme.com
Mon Jun 8 13:25:17 PDT 2020

Hi LUGers especially Rick,

     What do you think about this?   I tried to download the report
to see which softwares were most affected but it would not.
Maybe someone else will have better luck.

This is the item sent to the list by my Norwegian Sys Adm friend.
> A new report from RiskSense provides in-depth findings on
> vulnerabilities in leading open source software (OSS), including the
> most weaponized weaknesses, which software is most at risk, and the top
> types of attacks.
>
> Among the report's key findings are that total vulnerabilities in OSS
> more than doubled in 2019 from 421 Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures
> (CVEs) in 2018 to 968 last year. The study also reveals that it takes a
> very long time for OSS vulnerabilities to be added to the National
> Vulnerability Database (NVD), averaging 54 days between public
> disclosure and inclusion.
>
> <https://betanews.com/2020/06/08/open-source-vulnerabilities-double/>

     Take care all.  Rick if you read this send me a note about your
best hours
and I will try to get the recommended browser.  I gotta go lay down now up
later.

     bliss