[sf-lug] /usr/sbin

Alex Kleider akleider at sonic.net
Fri May 15 11:50:52 PDT 2020

Some of you may remember my mentioning (on more than one occasion) that
some utilities seemed not to come with Debian.
Some responded (Rick and Michael if I remember correctly) with what I
interpreted to be incredulity/skepticism.  They were right of course but
I can now explain the problem and believe it to be one worth sharing.

The Debian install comes with PATH set to a value that does _not_
include /usr/sbin which is where the 'missing' utilities lie.
Surely this should be considered a 'bug' with regard to the Debian
distribution, n'est pas?
Alex

--
Alex Kleider