[sf-lug] Sonic: Re: Inexpensive Internet provider in Brisbane?

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 23 19:29:20 PDT 2020

Sonic - from my research this past December, and at least for residential,
if Sonic has fibre to the building, that's all that they'll offer for
any new service.  No static IPv4, and other limitations on it ... but
it has bandwidth.
Sonic still does DSL, and I'm guestimating they'll offer it for new
service if there's still no fibre to the building.  I didn't price it
(there's fibre to my building), but I'm guessing the price is
reasonable(ish?) for their DSL.  Not sure what restrictions it may
have, but I've heard from a subscriber that one can get a static IPv4
(and I'm guessing merely one with their base offering).
I've heard slightly varying reports regarding to TCP port 25 on The
Internet (might also vary a bit by context/service).